Training course on DRUG RESISTANCE
February 20th 22nd 2012 World Friends, Nairobi
This II training on HIV drug resistance has been requested by the trainees and the project partners as a “refresh training” after the very successful training on the same subject held in 2011.
Thirteen participants from Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Nigeria, Uganda, Zambia were followed to put their hands on for the whole procedure, doing everything on their own. A 16-sample run was performed by four different people. Overall, 4 robust amplification products were generated. These were sent to University of Siena for genotyping, leaving the tubes at room temperature for 3 weeks before sequencing, following the so called “Split Procedure”. The sequence signal was excellent, demonstrating again the feasibility of the Split Procedure.
Facilitators: Maurizio Zazzi, Genny Meini, EuResist Network - University of Siena.
- Video tutorials of the Split procedure
- QIAamp Viral RNA Mini Kit Qiagen RNA Extraction Protocol (download)
- Home Made RNA Reverse Transcription (download)
- Home Made Nested-PCR (download)
- Agarose Gel Electrophoresis of the PCR product (download)
- Genotypic antiretroviral resistance testing (download)
- Resistance overwiev (download)
- PCR Lab (download)